- Last Updated: February 14, 2020
- This Policy describes the information that we gather from you on the Service, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy.
- This Policy is incorporated into and is subject to the Ramp Terms of Service. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in the Ramp Terms of Service.
- The information we collect on the Service:
- Location Information. When you use our App, we collect information about the location and movement of your mobile device, such as your country, latitude, longitude, physical location, and changes in physical location. We may collect this information directly from your mobile device or from third party apps. Your device's operating system, or the settings on applicable third party apps, may give you the option of enabling or disabling the collection of certain location information at any time; however, please note that disabling such location information may impact your utilization of the App's features.
- "Cookies" Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie is designed to disappear after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to access certain features or utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Service that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Service. Third parties (such as analytics providers and widget providers) may also collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit our website or use our application.
- "Automatically Collected" Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, battery life information, iOS information, and the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- Third Party Buttons. We may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook "like" or "share" buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties' browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through such buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and Aptiviti does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party's own data collection, use, and disclosure policies. You acknowledge that if you choose to use such buttons, your friends, followers and subscribers on the applicable third-party service may be able to view such activity in accordance with your settings.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- How we use the information we collect.
- We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users. We may retain indefinitely information you post to a public or semi-public space, including in review and messages to other users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
- To enforce our Terms of Service, and to detect and protect against error, fraud and other unauthorized or illegal activities
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to your User Content posted on the Service or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under "Your Choices."
- We may use "cookies" information and "automatically collected" information we collect on the Service to: (i) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
- When we disclose information.
- Except as described in this Policy, we will generally not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose information to third parties without further notice to you in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in profiles, reviews, or other aspects of the service intended to be seen by other users, including all publicly accessible areas of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users. This may include personal information and personally identifiable information that we collect, as described above.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, analytics, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, de-identified and/or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for any lawful purpose, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- Your Choices
- You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will typically be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- Without limiting the foregoing, following deletion of your profile, we will retain personal information until all transactions pending on the account are resolved. Please note that this does not include information you post to a public or semi-public space, including in review and messages to other users, which we may retain indefinitely.
- If you receive promotional email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving promotional email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may also allow you to modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service, or directly in the any email promotions sent.
- Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
- Third-Party Services
- The Service may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. This includes our use of a third party payment processor, Stripe, for all payments on the Service, as well as our use of Twilio, Inc. to mask your telephone number if you call or text (SMS) message another user through the Service. Any information you provide to such third parties, including credit card or bank account information, is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators' policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service, and any such or access do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed such third-party sites. We encourage you to learn about third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
- Children's Privacy
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 18 years of age, then you may not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Service from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will endeavor to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that we delete that child's personally identifiable information from our systems.
- Data Security
- We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards in an effort to protect the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- Privacy Settings
- Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- International Visitors
- The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
- Changes and Updates to this Policy
- Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
- Our Contact Information
- Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at email@example.com.
- Aptiviti, Inc.
- Attn: Ramp
- 145 West 28th Street, 9th Floor
- New York, NY 10001